Once again I want to talk about a neat Firefox extension. I came across Sage this morning while searching for a RSS reader that I enjoy using, not one that I have to learn to live with. In the past I’ve used Thunderbird, Google Reader and a few other’s. None of which worked the way I wanted them to.
What does Sage do?
- Reads RSS (2.0, 1.0, 0.9x) and Atom feeds
- Newspaper feed rendering customizable via style sheets
- Feed Discovery
- Integrates with Firefox’s bookmark storage and Live Bookmarks
- Imports and exports OPML feed lists
- Technorati and RSS search engine integration
- Support for a number of locales: Argentine Spanish, Catalan, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, and Swedish
- Simple, one step install / uninstall
If Sage sounds appealing to you, give it a try.